Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's a Beautiful Life

I was working at Wingers as a server when I met Tim. He was handsome, charming, and 16. Luckily he had an older brother. I scribbled my number on a napkin and ordered Tim to give it to his hopefully handsome and charming older brother. He did, and I recieved a call a few days later on September 1st....... and Dan was in fact handsome and charming.

Our first real date was to the Blackfoot fair, romantic I know. We got an elephant ear and sat on a bench talking for 2 hours. I could not believe how much we had in common. It was like we were twins. I remember checking off my list in my head of the things I wanted in a husband. Dan had them all so far.



From that day on we were inseperable. We were boyfriend and girlfriend 2 weeks later.



And out of our minds in LOVE 2 weeks after that. In one month I had found the man of my dreams.



The picture above was taken on my birthday, December 1st. I was hoping he'd propose then. We'd been dating for 4 months and had talked about it a lot. We both knew it was going to happen, I just didn't know when. I did know that I was sick of telling people that we were going to get married and even had a date, but I didn't have a ring yet! It didn't happen on my birthday and I told him I wasn't going home for Christmas without a ring on my finger.


About 2 weeks later we went up in Drake's plane......we're flying along and all of the sudden I see this........



I knew he was going to propose on the plane that day, I just didn't know how. He absolutely blew me away with this. By far the best proposal ever!!!! I of course said yes and he slipped the most beautiful ring I've ever seen on my finger. Merry Christmas to me!



March 6th, 2009 we were married for time and all eternity in the Boise, ID temple. Best day of my life so far. I felt like I'd been living my life up until this moment. I've been preparing all these years and it finally was here. It was the best feeling in the world.












After the wedding we took off for the Oregon Coast for 5 days. We had a blast. We went to see lighthouses, we went to Haystack rock (A.K.A. Goonie Rock), we ate at the world famous Moe's, we walked on the beach, found sand dollars, we slept in every day, it was perfect!










We are moving to New York City in 2 days for Dan's internship with Sony. We thought we should start a blog to keep everyone updated with pictures and stories. Keep in touch with us and let us know how you all are doing as well!










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment